The CHESSFOX Chess Tactics Trainer is much more than just a collection of tactics puzzles with solutions. Instead, it is a comprehensive chess tactics training tool for improving your tactical skill… great img right
- Patterns: Master the important tactical patterns in chess
- Puzzles: Solve tactical chess puzzles to practice your skill
- Solutions: Chess tactical puzzles with solutions
All exercises that feature similar tactical patterns are grouped together in categories. The solutions to each puzzle will be clearly explained too!
Chess Tactics Trainer (Patterns)
intro; add h2, summary + example under each motif?; targets
- Decoy (Attraction)
- Remove the defender (deflection)
- Discovered Attack (& Windmill)
- X-Ray Attack
- Interference (Interposing, Block)
- Trapped Piece
- Weak back rank
- Passed Pawn
- Clearance sacrifice
- Checkmate Patterns
Important Note: The instructional lessons in the chess tactics trainer contain a LOT of detail because it’s intended to serve as a comprehensive chess tactics training resource. I suggest you take a break whenever you feel the need to do so. A fresh mind will help you get maximum value from the lessons. There is no benefit in pushing yourself when you are in fact only lowering the quality of your training.
What makes our Chess Tactics Trainer unique?
How the Chess Tactics Trainer will improve your tactical skill
Two distinct advantages of training your tactics with the CHESSFOX Chess Tactics Trainer is that:
- You can study chess tactic patterns more effectively since the exercises are grouped together based on the tactical patterns that feature in the solution and
- You will understand the reasoning behind the moves because I will explain the solution to each chess tactic exercise in detail.
I recommend you pack the positions on a real chessboard, particularly if you often play OTB (over-the-board, not online) tournaments.
If you want to solve more chess tactics exercises on your own, then the chess tactics trainer on chesstempo.com or the one on chess24 are two of the best chess tactics trainer resources that you will find on the web.